Remote Health and Patient Monitoring
aTouchAway™ Platform How It Works
Provider / Healthcare Organization Benefits
Recording and Transmitting Patient Monitor Readings
Enabling remote patients to provide their health data requires the patient to purchase, or be provided with, the appropriate health monitoring equipment. When the patient uses a health monitor to collect a reading, the aTouchAway™ Platform automatically receives the information for monitoring and review by nurse call center, clinicians, etc.
Receiving, Storing and Analyzing Patient-Sent Data
This part of the process is completely transparent to both the organization and patient. Collected patient readings are sent to a secure central server where the data is stored, after which data analysis can be performed.
Once stored to the server, data can be accessed securely by nurses / clinicians via web browsers, with no need for any software application. The web-based application offers a host of data management features for care professionals. The aTouchAway™ web application and servers also supply data to enterprise level EHRs and PHRs and has the capability to integrate with EMRs.
Using a centralized, web-accessed, secure server provides your organization with numerous benefits, including:
- Complete system implementation without any impact on existing IT infrastructure or additional costs for new hardware or system upgrades
- No internal technical support, maintenance or software management overhead is required
- Easy access by nurses, regardless of location: in the field, at the call center or working from home
- Consistent use of the same, most up-to-date, version of software
Viewing, Monitoring and Acting Upon Patient-Sent Data
- Accessing aTouchAway’s server allows nurses to utilize their web browsers to actively monitor all of their patients, as well as run important and often revealing analytics on an individual’s information. The data can also be used to populate a back office system.
- Individualized thresholds and timetables can be established for patients that will automatically trigger alerts when patient readings fall outside their parameters – or if data is not received at all. When this occurs, not only is the nurse alerted, automated emails or texts to the patient can also be triggered to serve as a reminder, alert or facilitate connecting the patient with a nurse right away if necessary.
- All readings and events can be reviewed, notated and used to create a variety of reports and graphic trending snapshots – all of which can be exported in various file formats.
- Patients are easily added to the system and can be assigned, reassigned and managed just as easily. Nurses can maintain significant levels of patient information within the system. This allows access to everything needed at a glance, in order to provide quality care and excellent customer service.
- In addition to the powerful features offered to nurses, the system is designed with sophisticated administrative, supervisor and management functions and tools to ensure a very flexible and customizable, yet totally secure, working environment.
mTeleHealth provides user training, helpful guidebooks and various levels of assistance.
The mTeleHealth Solution Powered by aTouchAway™ is designed to bring benefit to Providers by:
Patient / Consumer Benefits
The mTeleHealth Solution Powered by aTouchAway™ allows Patients / Consumers with chronic conditions to automatically transmit their health readings collected from home and mobile medical monitoring devices directly to their Electronic Health Record.
Consumers now have the ability to supply personal health data conveniently and seamlessly to a central repository / personal health record (PHR)(e.g., Microsoft HealthVault). The data can be reviewed and/or analyzed by clinicians and shared with family and other care providers. While the mTeleHealth system is targeted towards individuals with chronic disease and medication compliance needs, it also offers value when used in a wellness maintenance program.
The mTeleHealth Solution Powered by aTouchAway™ provides the following benefits to the Patient / Consumer:
Learn the advantages for Payors / Insurers using the mTeleHealth Solution Powered by aTouchAway™ in order to lower their healthcare related costs.
mTeleHealth’s Solutions Powered by aTouchAway™ for Disease Management Organizations
Through proper remote patient monitoring, the progression of chronic diseases and/or the onset of co-morbidities can be slowed or avoided, translating into significant savings for your organization and the companies you represent.
Additionally, when used in support of Medicare and Medicaid patients, mTeleHealth’s solutions Powered by aTouchAway™ can help you achieve significant productivity gains / cost reductions in terms of nursing activities, long-term patient tracking and retention of related equipment.
By letting patients take and send their medical readings virtually from anywhere, at any time, they become enabled to maintain more active lifestyles and familiar routines. They can remain in control of their medical conditions, rather than allowing their conditions to control them.
Wireless remote monitoring also enables you to get the data you need, when you need it. As a result, patients can be equipped with the most appropriate levels of education, treatment and intervention for their conditions. By being able to detect changes in patient conditions, before they display more serious symptoms, therapies can be adjusted and costly inpatient admissions avoided.
mTeleHealth Solutions Powered by aTouchAway™ provides these types of capabilities in three parts:
- Recording and transmitting patient monitor readings
- Receiving and storing patient-sent data
- Monitoring, analyzing and acting upon patient-sent data
Costs are typically based on a per-patient/month basis, which includes unlimited access to monitoring software, remote servers, all data transmission costs and dependent on consistent use by the patient.
The mTeleHealth Solution Powered by aTouchAway™ is designed to be beneficial to Payors by means of the following:
Our value to these partners lies within our ability to provide a cost-effective alternative aggregator to enhance their system’s information / data supply.
Our current product line and our future product roadmap include solutions that can “stand alone” or that can “bolt-on”, in order to enhance our partners’ existing telehealth systems.
aTouchAway™ has created a family of enabling devices that seamlessly fit into the user’s environment, effectively connecting them to their caregivers.
To help ensure aTouchAway’s goal of maximum adoption, they are constantly expanding their suite of remote health monitoring tools including the equipment, OEM devices and software technologies that they integrate with.